SPRING 2020 Calendar
Game Schedules (7 Games and Tourney)
3-7-20 Game 1
3-14-20 Spring Break – NO rec games
3-21-20 Game 2 – Picture Weekend #1-tentative
3-28-20 Game 3 – Picture Weekend #2-tentative
4-4-20 Game 4
4-5-20 Make-up for weeks one through four
4-11-20 Happy Easter! NO Rec Games
4-18-20 Game 5
4-24/25/26-20 Sporting Spring Classic Tournament
4-25-20 Game 6
5-2-20 Game 7
5-3-20 Make-up for games one through seven
5-9/10-20 Recreational tournament (HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!)
5-16/17-20 Recreational tournament make-up weekend
New Referee Information
- Must have new style of referee shirts
- Black shorts
- Black referee socks
- Fox 40 Whistle (or other loud whistle)
- Plenty of water
- Tuck your shirt in!
- Dress for the weather at Legacy
- Red and Yellow Card
- Pens (to keep score) and Paper
KC Ref the uniforms are the USSF approved styles and colors and are much less expensive than other suppliers. You can select Art and have it sent to him without paying shipping charges and you would pick up at Legacy or arrange to pick up from Art during off season. You will simply select send to Art at Legacy in the drop down box. You can also get from Amazon and many other suppliers.
List for NEW REFEREES: After getting certified and obtaining uniforms (officialsports.com and kc ref has starter kits or you can purchase separately on amazon-watch from walmart), fill out and submit payroll forms so you will be able to get paid! Then go to sportingls.org website-review all referee tabs so you will know expectations. You do not need an alternate color starting out, but if you continue to ref-purchase green as your second jersey (rule of thumb is if you get re-certified you should have an alternate).
- Referee availability tab-sign up for appropriate dates by Sunday at 8PM-It is okay to sign up later, but Art begins with those already signed up! if you sign up after schedule is complete you may be added to unfilled games, turnbacks or bench -Most Sundays are for experienced referees only-exception is make up Sundays listed on the calendar when games getting cancelled for weather
- Referee information page-check calendar for game sign up and other time sensitive notes.
- Referee information page-sign up for SI Play-this is used for group emails
- Referee information page-go through ref orientation slideshow-pay particular attention to schedule posting and confirmation.
- Referee information page-Review preseason notes
- Thursday-go to referee schedule; check schedule; CONFIRM number of games scheduled and any bench time by email or text (best to use filter option and pull up your name to give you individual list of your games)
- Referee information tab-review division specific rules for age group assigned and referee procedures for age group assigned
- Saturday-check in 30 minutes prior to game time at west concession stand in the office on the left side of building by Field # 10. Ensure you have proper gear including plenty of water. Dress for weather (sunscreen if hot; gloves, hat, pants (preferably black) and layers under referee jersey if cold
- Check out after game turning in game cards and/or letting Art know how games went
- If payroll paperwork has not been turned in, must bring it to first game. It has to be turned into an independent accountant that processes payment for games. Go to payroll tab to find forms
Fall Pre-Season Meeting Notes:
The notes do not include all the discussion or explanations, but rather a recap for those that could not attend.
Points of emphasis:
- New laws of soccer and implementation-go to gameofficials.net to review. A brief summary will is posted on the training tab.
- calendar-dates of games on referee information tab-Please note Make up SUNDAYS for weather cancelled games and tournament weekends. typically very short on referees these dates. – TOURNAMENT APRIL 24-26th, will need a lot of refs.
- GO OVER DIVISION SPECIFIC RULES BEFORE GAME
- reminder of substitution rules and rule regarding use of head-grade/age and intentional vs unintentional.
- reminder of game card follow up-posted on referee information page on powerpoint orientation slides.
- reminder of payroll tab-has dates you will be paid, pay rates, and payroll forms.
- reminder of putting in availability timely and confirming games to Art on Thursday!
- reminder, if running late please text-should be checking in for games 30 minutes prior to first game assignment. Person checking in will be at top of schedule-please text that person (either Lucy Lotspeich or Art Shinabargar-phone numbers should both be in your contacts)
- NO WARMING UP IN GOAL AREAS-you are the first line of defense, please tell coach and/or players if you see and document warning on back of their game card. Have them see ART if they have any questions.
- Small sided game review-NO PUNTING OR DROP KICKING, ball must be thrown or passed by the goalkeeper. Players may now cross the line when the ball is kicked and moves. Review on training tab (not yet updated)
- on 3v3 and first grade-halves end at same time (even if they do not begin at same time-lead officials whistle determines. After final whistle, referees stand side by side to allow teams to acknowledge them.
- Important to begin games on time-not early and definitely not late. If running behind, shorten halftime.
Finally; our vision is to have referees become competent where they can referee in college to earn their extra money, instead of working at a job that is not as flexible to their study needs.
To do this we need everyone to hustle, know the rules and apply them, and most important HAVE FUN! Please make it fun for the players also and keep them safe!
Any questions-Contact Art.
All referees need to create an account in the SI Play system for easy communication BY EMAIL
Please use the link below to create a referee account in SI Play
- If you or your parent already has an account in SI Play you do not need to create a new account.
- After the account is created, click the “register” button on the right side of the screen
- Scroll down to “2017/2018 Referee Registration” and register as a referee.
- Answer the questions and the session will be added to the “cart” for checkout. Complete checkout. This does not charge a fee but how it is processed
- For referees this will only be used as a email platform not for scheduling.
Important: Any dismissal of coach player or parent should be followed by turning in info on the following ejection form -you may just email info. It should be sent to Art and Anthony Gardner. We will forward to the appropriate vice president for their information and discipline follow up:
Sporting Lee’s Summit Referee Procedures for Recreational games
*These are not DIVISION SPECIFIC RULES
- 3v3 Procedures
- 1st/2nd Grade (u7/u8)Procedures
- 3rd/4th Grade (U9/U10) Recreational Procedures
- 5th/6th Grade and Up (U11 and Above) Procedures