Spring Pre-Season Meeting Notes:
Points of emphasis:
- Game cards
3v3 games will have score kept; referees will obtain cards during check in and use to practice keeping score. They are to write color at top of card and player numbers only, coaches do not have to sign.
5 goal difference, team trailing may add an additional player on the field until the gap is less than 5.
Example of score cards for other divisions now included on power point presentation posted below.
All scorecards should be league issued cards, no paper copies. paper copies my be adhered to card using tape or staples by coach.
Accuracy of score, coaches validation of score and turning in all scorecards at checkout a must! Someone needs to record all scores, lets make it easy on him by being very clear and double checking.
2. Confirmation of games-check schedule Thursday and confirm referee assignments by 9pm Thursday!
3. Review Referee tabs; especially, new referees!
- Must have new style of referee shirts
- Black shorts
- Black socks
- Fox 40 Whistle
- Plenty of water
- Tuck your shirt in!
- Dress for the weather at Legacy
- Red and Yellow Card
2019 SPRING SEASON SCHEDULE:
Game Schedules (7 Games and Tourney- 7 games in 6 weeks)
3-9-19 Game 1- CANCELED! Rescheduled for 4/7
3-16-19 Spring Break – NO rec games
3-23-18 Game 2
3-30-19 Game 3
4-6-19 Game 4
4-7-19 Game 1 Make-up Games from 3/9/19
4-13-19 Game 5
4-14-19 Make up for games one through five (if needed)
4-20-19 Happy Easter! NO Rec Games
4-27-19 Game 6 (game 7 played as double header throughout the season)
4-28-19 Make up for games one through seven (if needed)
5-4/5-19 Recreational tournament (1stGrade – Middle School divisions)
5-11/12-19 HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!
5-18/19-19 Recreational tournament make-up weekend (1stGrade – Middle School divisions)
June 1/2 – Spring Comp Tournament (encourage rec teams) Pre-tryout
New uniform option (use link below to order)
you can select Art and have it sent to me without paying shipping charges and you would pick up at Legacy. ( or arrange to pick up from me during off season). You will simply select send to Art at Legacy in the drop down box.)
NEW REFEREES: After getting certified and obtaining uniforms (officialsports.com has starter kits), fill out and submit payroll forms so you will be able to get paid! Then go to sportingls.org website-review all referee tabs so you will know expectations. Remember to attend preseason meeting on Monday August 20 at Paradise Park 6 to 645 is new referees only, all others will join you until 830.
- Referee availability tab-sign up for appropriate dates by Sunday at 8PM-if you sign up late you may be added to unfilled games or bench (dates in bold are competitive games only and requires a heartland referee number and appropriate experience)-Most Sundays are for experienced referees only-exception is make up Sundays when games getting cancelled for weather
- Referee information page-check calendar for game sign up and other time sensitive notes.
- Referee information page-sign up for SI Play-this is used for group emails
- Referee information page-go through ref orientation slideshow-pay particular attention to schedule posting and confirmation.
- Thursday-go to referee schedule; password sportingref and check schedule; confirm number of games scheduled and any bench time by email or text (best to use filter option and pull up your name to give you individual list of your games)
- Referee information tab-review division specific rules for age group assigned and referee procedures for age group assigned
- Saturday-check in 30 minutes prior to game time at west concession stand in the office on the left side of building by Field # 10. Ensure you have proper gear including plenty of water.
- Check out after game turning in game cards and/or letting Art know how games went
- If payroll paperwork has not been turned in, must bring it to game and let Art know by email to expect it. It has to be turned into an independent accountant that processes payment for games.
Once experience is appropriate go to Heartland tab and complete Heartland payroll paperwork to get a referee number so you potentially can get assigned competitive games by me at Legacy and you will be paid separately by Heartland for those games.
All referees need to create an account in the SLS registration system for easy communication BY EMAIL
Please use the link below to create a referee account at SI Play
- If you or your parent already has an account in SI Play you do not need to create a new account.
- After the account is created, click the “register” button on the right side of the screen
- Scroll down to “2016/2017 Referee Registration” and register as a referee.
- Answer the questions and the session will be added to the “cart” for checkout. Complete checkout.
- For referees this will only be used as a email platform not for scheduling.
Important: Any dismissal of coach player or parent should be followed by turning in info on the following ejection form -you may just email info. It should be sent to Art and Anthony Gardner. We will forward to the appropriate vice president for their information and discipline follow up:
Sporting Lee’s Summit Referee Procedures for Recreational games
- 3v3 Procedures
- 1st/2nd Grade (u7/u8)Procedures
- 3rd/4th Grade (U9/U10) Recreational Procedures
- 5th/6th Grade and Up (U11 and Above) Procedures
Sporting Lee’s Summit Winter Indoor Rules
Sporting Lee’s Summit Winter Indoor Rules