Youth Winter Indoor League (2018-2019)
The Indoor Winter League is designed to provide Sporting Lee’s Summit recreational and competitive coaches the opportunity to give their players additional soccer activities in the outdoor off season. The Sporting LS Winter Indoor Soccer Program is designed for developmental and conditioning only. This is a NON-COMPETITIVE league, although competitive teams are allowed to participate.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedules / Registration
The Youth Indoor League will offer two sessions of play.
- Session 1 games will be played on 12.1/12.2, 12.8/12.9, 12.15/12.16, 12.29/12.30, 1.5/1.6, 1.12/1.13.
- Session 2 games will be played on 1.19/1.20, 1.26/1.27, 2.2/2.3, 2.9/2.10, 2.16/2.17, 2.23/2.24.
- The registration deadline for Session 1 is October 29th, 2018. The registration deadline for Session 2 is December 15th, 2018. A discount is available for teams who register for both sessions.
3v3 – $300 for 1 session; $550 for both *** 4v4 – $350 for 1 session; $600 for both *** 7v7 – $550 for 1 session; $1000 for both
- Registration is limited to team registrations. Register online at http://www.sportingls.org/Registration.
- Coaches looking for players may contact the league Registrar.
- All games will be on Saturdays between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. and Sundays between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 5:00p.m.
- Each team will play at least 6 games.
- Only players on an approved roster can participate in the games.
- Schedules will be published one week before the first game.
- All games will be played at Z Sports Arena in Greenwood, MO.
- In order to complete a bracket teams may be combined plus or minus a single age. Likewise we may have to form coed brackets in order to fill certain brackets.
- Uniforms / Equipment: Home and Away shirts will be provided by the league. Coaches may “opt out” and provide their own home/away jerseys.
- All soccer ball sizes per age group will comply with the Sporting LS recreational outdoor rules.
This is a developmental league, and there will be no standings or official record of scores. There are no standings in the Sporting LS Winter Indoor Soccer Program and there is no championship game or tournament. Referees will be assigned for all U7 (1st Grade) and above games. U6 (Kindergarten) will require coaches to police their own players, and maintain the integrity of the sport.
- 3v3 and 4v4 – Games will be played on the small fields and consist of two 15 minute halves with a 5 minute half time.
- U5/U6 (PreK/Kdg) teams will play 3v3, refs will not be provided. Coaches are responsible for managing play.
- U7/U8 (1st/2nd Grade) teams will play 4v4 (3 on the field, one goalie) and refs will be provided
- 7v7 – Games will be played on the large field and consist of two 20 minute halves with a 5 minute half time. Refs will be provided
- U9 and up (3rd grade and older) teams will play 7v7 (6 on the field, one goalie) and refs will be provided
- Sporting LS reserves the right to reduce each half by a couple minutes, and this decision will be published prior to the beginning of the season.
- Red cards and yellow cards will be administered the same as our outdoor season.
- Roster changes can be made during the season with the consent of the league.
- All fouls are indirect; the team committing the foul must be three yards from the restart.
- Each 3v3 field has a “no touch” box around the goal; if an offensive player touches the ball in the no touch box the goal will not count. Likewise, if the defender touches the ball in the no touch box a goal will be awarded to the offensive team, regardless if the play results in the ball going into the goal or not.
- All out of bounds balls will be restated with a “kick in” not a throw in.
- All goal kicks must be taken from the end-line.
- All goals must be scored from the offensive side of the midfield (no long kicks into the goals).
- If a referee determines a player is deliberating delaying or causing the delay of the game by launching the soccer ball off the field in a manner harmful to others or the game, the official may issue a red card and send that player off the field resulting in that player missing the next game.
If unforeseen circumstances occur, like power outages or inclement weather, Sporting Lee’s Summit reserves the right to cancel games which may not be rescheduled.