Sporting Lee’s Summit Recreational League utilizes Spors Illustrated Play for managing team rosters, including collecting player rating information. Each coach is assigned a login consisting of their email address and a password. Contact The league admin if you do not know your login or need help accessing SI Play.
- SI Play login for Coaches
- For Competitive League registration and roster information, please see the Competitive section of the Registration page.
- Weather Guideline
Sporting Lee’s Summit offers practice space at one indoor facility.
Sporting Lee’s Summit provides coaching clinics each season for free and provides our Recreational League coaches with the education to earn their required Level 2 NSCAA certificate. Coaches are also allowed to use the US Soccer Federation “F” License through online course to fulfil the minimum coaching requirement, however this training does cost $25 and will not be reimbursed by Sporting LS. Review the Sporting Lee’s Summit Event Calendar for coaching clinics provided by Sporting Lee’s Summit or visit the KSYSA web site for link to the online course. Visit the MYSA website for Coaching Clinics to obtain the Youth Coaching Certificate (Y-License)
- Sporting LS Event Calendar
- 2016 SLS Required Coaches Training (free with SLS)
- 2017 MYSA – Youth Coaching Certificate (required for Fall 2017 Competitive Coaches) Course offered free of charge to all Sporting LS Coaches on July 20 at 6pm at Z Sports in Greenwood – please sign in upon arrival.
- Online F-License Courses (“F” License- $25)
- Courses for E License (Register Online through KSYSA)
- Courses for D License (Register Online through KSYSA)
Sporting Lee’s Summit has started a library of DVDs on coaching and skills. Feel free to check them out.
Sporting KC “Sporting Sessions”. Coaches’ curriculum from Sporting KC will be emailed directly to Sporting LS Competitive and Recreational Coaches on a quarterly basis. Hopefully, the training drills will become a critical part of your own team’s practice plans. Sporting KC “Sporting Sessions” are available upon request. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your team name and age, for more information
The information below provides a review of the rules of the game with Sporting Lee’s Summit division specific rule changes. Those division specific items are summarized in the division specific information flyer.
- Sporting LS Coach Code of Conduct
- Sporting LS Coach Expectations and Laws (Rules) of the Game
- Sporting LS Training Material
- Practice Program — K-2nd Grade
- Practice Program — 2nd-4th Grade
- Practice Program — 5th-9th Grade
- Fall-Spring 2017-2018 Division Specific Rules_Recreational
- Build Out Line
We are often asked to get more information to coaches in the recreation level of soccer. Here are some links that will be of interest to those coaches:
On this link they will find numerous other links to valuable information:
Referee development is something Sporting Lee’s Summit continues to invest in by having mentors observe and/or referee alongside less experienced referees. To aid in monitoring referee performance and developing quality referees, Sporting Lee’s Summit is providing an online feedback form. Please use the form constructively. The form is meant to be used by coaches to provide feedback on a specific game.
Coaches for 1st Grade Divisions and up are required to submit a game card at the start of each game listing the players in number order. The game card must include the division, date, game time, and coaches names.
Prior to coaching the following form needs to be completed. This check will satisfy requirements for all youth organizations within Lee’s Summit Parks and Recreation for one year. If you have already performed a background check through First Check Applicant Screening, please email email@example.com. Below is the link to complete the background check application as well as additional helpful information.
Coach of the Year Award Winners
Sporting Lee’s Summit and Dick’s Sporting Goods have teamed up to recognize one of our outstanding coaches on an annual basis for their character. Below is a list of previous award winners:
2017 Amy Ruoff
2016 Ryan Kasper
2015 Ann Murphy
2014 Steve Hilger
2013 Mike Ellis
2012 Jeff Upton
2011 Jeff Wright
2010 Neal Lowery
2009 Tom Sheehan
2008 Dan Meservey
2007 Chuck Davis
2006 Jeff Foley